The sheet format to be punched is one of the factors that can influence the quality of the piece machined in a punching machine. If the sheet format introduced in the punching machine is the same size as the part, the following effects could be encountered:
· Problems with the sheet metal length: the part’s size is not exact, due to the accuracy problems most of the manual shears have. Consequently, the theoretical value of the length is, for instance, 1 mm less that the real one. The resulting effect is that a 1 mm strip is left uncut. In order to avoid this, the cutting program must be set so that the punch overlaps the metal by 1 mm.
· Squaring errors: A squaring error on the format to be punched may mean faulty measurements taken on the format relating to the outline of the metal. To ensure perfect squaring on different cuts in the sheet metal, the outer cuts should be made on the punching machine.
· Shaping in an “arrow”: This effect can cause the sheet metal to move when repositioning because it is being pushed by the clamps. This effect can be partially avoided. When the clamps are opened during repositioning, the machine is made to go back a value (2mm), and once the repositioning has been made, the forward movement is less than the backward (1mm), with the program compensating the difference between the backward and forward movements. This allows compensation for errors up to 1 mm.
Following these helpful tips, you will avoid punching errors. In DANOBAT we will advise for your punching machine programming and resolve all of your doubts in this regard.
The birth of the first laser dates back to 1960, and in little more than 50 years, the evolution of the laser in the industry has been very quick, so much that its use in some processes is already widely consolidated, as in the case of sheet metal cutting. The application of sheet metal laser cutting solves manufacturing problems of complicated parts that could not be performed otherwise.
Laser technology is a field that offers endless possibilities, whose full potential has not been discovered yet, even through the important developments made recently, as it is the appearance of the fiber laser, whose main advantages were explained in a previous post.
Correct programming of a punching machine affects directly the life of its punching tools. The number of punches a tool can make in a punching machine is closely related to the programming of the same. Poor programming can greatly reduce the life of the punching tools.
When making a program, you must take into account that the tool should work at least to 2/3 of his section, in order to avoid as much as possible the decompensation of the punch, and prolong considerable the life of the tool.
In the event that alternate punches must be programmed, which are mainly used for thick sheet metal punching, machining of the slots must be performed in two operatons, so one in every two punches is left undone. This results in centred and balanced punches, so that the force used on either side is the same, which avoids tool wear.
Following these helpful tips, the life of the tooling of your punching machine will be extended, with the consequent economic saving this entails. In DANOBAT we can supply all kind of punching tools, in addition to solve all your doubts in this regard.
On the occasion of the next installation in China by the Sheet Metal Division of DANOBAT of two lines for sheet metal processing, we have received in our premises the technician of DANOBATGROUP China for two weeks. This technician will be responsible for technical support of these machines.
DANOBATGROUP makes available technical assistance service in China, and the local technician Mr. Zhang Haifeng has had the opportunity to deepen his knowledge on punching, shearing and bending, with two weeks of intensive training.
The installation of these two machines with significant added value, the Punch + Shear combination machine model CUPRA, and an automatic Panel Bender, model PG2600, is a boost to the effort that DANOBATGROUP is making in China. At the same time it confirms the commitment of this Asian country to invest in machines of the highest quality and specialization.
- Finnpower TP4030 Turret Punch & toolingOctober 24, 2015 - 8:58 am
- TRUMPF TC 260 Punching Machine & ToolingOctober 24, 2015 - 8:03 am
- LASER TRUMPF L3050October 23, 2015 - 9:38 am
- Promecam RG 304 CNC Press BrakeFebruary 26, 2015 - 4:57 pm
- Trumpf TruMatic L4030, 3000 Watt Turbo, April 1997February 26, 2015 - 4:19 pm
SIGNUP FOR NEWSLETTERS & MACHINERY OFFERSRegister here
Used Sheet Metal Machinery is a trading style of Oracle Machine Tools Uk ltd
Registered in England and Wales with registered number 07232534.